Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dartmoor Tor in oils

This is a painting that I made a few years before The  Kiss (previous post),I Went in late September in  a kind of Indian summer I  stayed  in a caravan high above the river Dart rushing on its way  through the valley to the sea beyond, ,,Sometimes I worked for a sheep farmer. he was a great believer in a forgotten race of little people that lived there thousands of years ago- His great delight was in his collection of miniature arrow heads and , this for me was a deepening of the mystery of Dartmoor-This is a painting that I made a few months later in Amsterdam I made it from sketches that I made earlier, I was inspired by the wonderful geometry of the landscape that I witnessed almost every evening and I could easily understand the meaning that our ancestors would invest in this-This is  a wonderful aspect of creativity seeing the constant in the transistory here again is the mystery of the natural and that which is man made ,

No comments:

Post a Comment