Monday, April 16, 2018

The mysterious disappearance of the captive-( words engraved upon the prison walls.)




                         The Captive


        I chipped away all my life,

         At these prison walls -
       
        Time, time and more time -

        Of that, I  had enough!

            I saw the light -a bird, the verdant earth,

         At night the cosmos -

        It was this hope, that

       Gave me the courage to go on -

          And yet, a prisoner I remained!



       I dug deep into the earth,

           Found water and fire-

       The centre of the world -

       Yet there, found no escape.


       Beyond hope, my mind

      Gave up its struggle,

       Came back to its SENSES.

       Time stood still-

       Earth and walls dissolved,

        Found that I was FREE at last.


                            Farewell -

       

No comments:

Post a Comment