Saturday, August 6, 2016

Wales revisited




                    After fortyfive years I came back to the small town of Cenarth - famous for its waterfall and leaping salmon My good friend Lucas and I were there to fish for the magical sewen or sea trout which can only be caught at night because they are so shy and clever .In my memory the place had a very important  place , a place of inspiration and magic ,Therefore of course I was inevitably in for a confrontation of the real world versus the ideal world!Of course there were changes ,but generally the place remained the same  but of course my mind had created a wonderful ideal world and the real world could never match this  . For instance I remember the river as being a charming idyll but now when I caste my fly into the water , the river was unheimisch .You would not want to fall into this river! One of my great memories of the place was of a small house by the bridge that had a bar with just one barrel of wonderful beer - non of the local people living there at that time could remember it, so maybe  reality and phantasy are again entwined ! As for the sea trout I hooked one but lost it !(made a photograph  on my blog of the falls )

No comments:

Post a Comment