Saturday, October 31, 2015





These are some photographs that  I made in the summer inEngland ,in North  Staffordshire near a town called Leak In a way this is very high ground and in some ways the gateway to the Peak

 district  ( part of the Pennine chain that is so to speak the backbone of England ) This is a very austere and dramatic place I am often reminded of certain photos that I have seen in certain remote parts of Australia When I was a teenager I knew the whole area  very well because my friend and I would fly fish in the valleys beyond .And indeed  having passed through this gateway of this place ( called the Roaches ) one drove down to the beautiful river valleys of the  river Manifold and the  Dove I think one of the things  that I am trying to explore in this blog is the importance of the influence of many places upon ones life and work - The little relief sculpture below has something of this landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment